Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Paris metro


I don't remember since when I started talking to myself. Maybe since the year I've spent in Japan, surrounded by Japanese people and Japanese language. And when you don't understand the language they speak around you, you'd speak to yourself in a language that you could understand.

I still remember how Japanese people reacted to my habit. My classmates first thought: oh my God, did she lose her mind? And then after many times: she's just really strange. Being the only foreign student in a high school without understanding well others' culture, I got used to being treated as a strange creature. I got used to being observed and judged all the time. Of course it wasn't always nice, but sometimes I did enjoy having others' attention. I'm kind of "proud stupidily" about that habit .

Looking at people in Paris metros reminded me of that story. I usually have ipod on my ears and sing soundlessly (or I think so). I bursted out giggling when I saw a girl ... doing the same thing... so I'm not the only strange one here Except I don't know whether she was talking to herself or singing. Peu importe anyway!
Once I was singing (soundlessly!) and moving in and out my body a little bit when listening to Du nord au sud of Louise Attaque (this song is really magical!), a woman just got in the metro looked and me and laughed freely. Sometimes you just need a small thing like that to light up your moment

Un univers qui se découvre, qui coexiste parmi d'autres, à la fois si proche et si invisible dans le quotidien...

No comments: