Friday, September 14, 2007

Most important decision in my life

I have decided to get an MBA a few days ago.

MBA = Master of Business Administration. Just a master degree, "how extraordinary is it?" you may say. The problem is that I'm aiming for Insead, or London Business School, and eventually I'll try my chance in Harvard Business School. Now, how big it is? :))

Some more facts and details about an MBA:
- Courses are about: finance, markets, management, leadership...
-
The purpose of an MBA education is to provide training in the theory and practise of business management
- It can take one to two years of full time

MBA pros:
1> I never thought I could make it a developer all my life. I mean staying in the pure technique zone isn't really what I intended to do right from the beginning. An MBA could complete my knowledge in other fields, and could bring me new options in my career.
2> I'm quite interested in business , finance and management. I've been searching for a way to evolve my career since I was in INSA. I have thought of several possibilities but none has worked out if I limit my formation at the IT engineer degree. The MBA seems to be the right answer.
3> I'm dying for a challenge!!

MBA cons:
1> Tuition fee ranges from 20k$ - 40k$ a year
2> One year not working
3> How much could one person learn in one year? Will it worth? I have seen people study finance for 3,4 years. How could I do that + management in 1 year?

What will I need to do in order to be accepted in one of those school:
- TOEIC min 950, TOEFL min 620
- GMAT 750
- About 6 essays for each school applied
- Rich experiences in work, leadership and international exposure
- Extra activities

No comments: